Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Beau comme un dieu

It has been about 8 months since I last dabbled in iPod Magnetic Poetry, and since I was feeling a touch of the poet, I thought I'd create some more magic.

Several days a month you made the mile to my house,
And you tell us not to sing our song.
Rest assured this will not last,
Living a life that I can't leave behind.

Everytime I look at you
Here on my own now on a bus,
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu.*
Every day is an ordeal to get by.

Heard you said to me today
Do you really think she'll pull through?
Done someone wrong,
Or would I feel that I talked myself into a corner?

Oh I just told the biggest lie,
And there's a concrete sky.
(* Line 7 translation: "I too will one day be beautiful like a god.")

I like it. I especially love the serendipity of a rhyming final couplet. (I promise I did not cheat--it was random.)

Key:
1- "Weird Divide" by The Shins
2 - "Drink Before the War" by Sinead O'Connor
3 - "Pilgrimage" by R.E.M.
4 - "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order
5 - "Please Forgive Me" by David Gray
6 - "Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying" by Belle & Sebastian
7 - "Sexy Boy" by Air
8 - "The Sound of Violence" by Cassius
9 - "White Shirt" by Charlatans UK
10 - "Girlfriend in a Coma" by The Smiths
11- "Sapphire Bullets of Love" by They Might Be Giants
12 - "Perfect Stranger" by Erasure
13 - "The Biggest Lie" by Elliot Smith
14 - "Concrete Sky" by Beth Orton

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I think I will attempt some iPod Magnetic Poetry sometime in the near future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home