Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Shine on, my friend

When the stress level is high, music helps reset my mood. Here are a couple of songs that I currently love:

"Big Day" by Tahiti 80
This song is fun and upbeat. I dig the bass line, and even though the lyrics are Hallmarky and Velveeta-tastic, I cannot get enough of it. And the low-tech 70s cheesiness of the video adds to the song's charms.



"Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn & John
I love the drums in this song, as well as the singers' voices. The video is very special as well. The Hulk shirt makes me smile.

4 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Man that second video is kind of hypnotic.

I now dream of throwing a party where everyone wears silly hats and sways in place.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

"Writer's Block" is a pretty good album.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, I'm a fan. The Scandanavian pop scene puts out a high proportion of good stuff: Kings of Convenience/Erlend Oye, Royksopp, Petter Bjorn & John, Sondre Lerche.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

I really liked both videos. I pictured the singer for Tahiti 80 looking differently than that. I liked that your comment before it was about liking the drums, and then the slightly-dim looking guy said it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home