Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Fish gotta swim and hearts gotta bleed"

Molly Ivins
1944 - 2007


Molly Ivins was one of my favorite columnists. I loved her sharp wit and her laser insight. Mostly, I love the fact that she was unapologetically liberal. I will be leaving her link up in my "Sites I Like" for a while.

There is a tribute to her on her website. Meanwhile, here is a blurb from her final column:
We are the people who run this country. We are the deciders. And every single day, every single one of us needs to step outside and take some action to help stop this war. Raise hell. Think of something to make the ridiculous look ridiculous. Make our troops know we're for them and trying to get them out of there. Hit the streets to protest Bush's proposed surge. If you can, go to the peace march in Washington on Jan. 27. We need people in the streets, banging pots and pans and demanding, "Stop it, now!"

4 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Is she proposing that by standing in the street and banging on pots and pans, a person will make the government look ridiculous? It's a nice sentiment, but I guess I just don't see that happening...

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

How did she die? She's not especially old...62 probably.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

She battled (and beat) breast cancer twice before, but she got sick again recently.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

she made breast cancer look rediculous. twice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home