Monday, December 03, 2007

Maybe it's just because I didn't know you at all

It is time for the sixth installment of iPod Magnetic Poetry. Why? I do not know. It's just time.

Tell me why you have to go by
(Comes on gentle as a hurricane.)
We'll never be younger than today.
Some of them, they surprise.

Oh, noble man of God,
My finger in creases of distant dark places.
All the signs that I find have been underlined--
Agony.

You've been away too long--
Well, maybe it's just because I didn't know you at all.
Now, right now,
Why leave me alone?

The smell of puke and piss on your stilettos,
Pretending an everyday life we don't have.


How heartbreaking.

Sources:
"My Life is Only a Daydream" by California Snow Story
"Rectify" by Beth Orton
"I.S.A.A.C." By Tahiti 80
"E-Bow the Letter" by R.E.M.
"Antarctica (My Beloved Home)" by Page France
"Set the Fire to the Third Bar" by Snow Patrol
"A Pain that I am Used To" by Depeche Mode
"Agony" by Eels
"Eurostar" by The Boo Radleys
"Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley
"Liberation" by Pet Shop Boys
"Oh L'Amour" by Erasure
"Essex Dogs" by Blur
"Little Kids" by Kings of Convenience


And since it turned up in my poem, here is an outstanding (and supergay1!) 80s eurosynthpop song:



1But aren't they all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home