Saturday, November 24, 2007

I am so afraid of living in oblivion

Once again, I was thinking about some one-"hit" wonders from my high school days, and I have to put "hit" in quotes because many of the songs I remember were never hits. Rather, they were songs that my alternateen friends and I latched onto.

So today, I pay tribute to two songs that I listened to incessantly when I was a junior in high school.

"Living in Oblivion" by Anything Box
I would say that for about a two-month period, I listened to this song everyday. It is very cheesy and synth-poppy, but it brings back a flood of memories of high school.




"Forever Young" by Alphaville
Oh, did I say that last song was cheesy? Then this is Velveeta processed cheese food product. I would have been happier not remembering what these guys looked like.




Epilogue:

I still enjoy the Anything Box song, but "Forever Young" is just not good*. I don't know what I was thinking.

*Addendum: I do like the song, but the video is just god awful. I have to try to get the video out of my head in order to go back to enjoying the song.

6 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger scott w posited...

There is a channel on Sirius radio called "First Wave" which consists of of 80's alternative, and I hear "Forever Young" on it all the time.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

i LOVE forever younf. and im really not being sarcastic or funny or anything.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I really like it to, but the video really takes something away from it!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Deemer posited...

Forever Young was my high school class song...but for some reason it was the class song every year at that school. I would have been happy if we had chosen "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles because everyone at my high school lost their virginity to that song--much more appropriate.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

My high school class song was also a hit from the '80s: "The Final Countdown."

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Forever Young reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

Oh, those were the days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home