Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"It's worth it to try."

Speaking about the newest round of Middle East peace talks to which Bush has pledged himself, he said this:
"And what they're going to need is they're going to need the international — particularly the neighborhood — saying it's OK."

Which is most humorous about Bush's statement?
a) the syntax
b) the use of the word neighborhood to mean Middle East
c) that Bush is stressing the need for international consensus before taking action




In other news, I once posted about the fact that my blog is a go-to spot for people who Google lyrics to New Order's classic "Bizarre Love Triangle." As I said before, everyday I get people from all over the world visiting my blog because of said search. Well yesterday and today, my daily hit count has skyrocketed, and upon further investigation I have found that in the last 22 hours, about 200 people from all over the world have come to my blog after searching for something to do with "Bizarre Love Triangle." So I figured the song must have aired in some movie or t.v. show or something, and viewers wanted to know about the song. Upon even further investigation, I discovered that some of the searches included phrases such as "every time I see you falling remake The Hills." Ah ha! Clearly, this week's episode of The Hills must have played Frente's cover of "Bizarre Love Triangle." And though these visitors did not stay long, it is fun to consider that for a day or two, random and curious music-seekers turned to me for help.

5 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Interesting... I googled "the hills music, everytime i see you falling" and got your blog. You're a genius!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I cannot beleive the Hills played frente!! i really never watch it, but it was on, and i heard the song come on and i was like NO WAY!! i used to listen to frente marvin the album when i was younger and it was an interesting flash back!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

well. you found your cyberspace niche.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Well it is about time.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

I'm going to go with (b).

I hate when politicians get all folksy and say "neighborhood" and "group of folks." I think bush called terrorists a "group of folks who want to do us harm" or something.

Barack Obama says "folks" now. That saddens me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home