Monday, November 19, 2007

I'll mocha your chino

It is time for another IAF* Moment

(*Individual Annoyance Factor), also known as a pet peeve)

I realize that the whole point of a peeve that it is something small and petty, so this falls into that category. I believe that if one looks around a grocery store, one can see many of the reasons that the terrorists hate us. First, the ever-present cart corral violations. Second, people who drive on the wrong side of the aisle. (This is America--we drive on the right, even in the store.) And now this whole I have to have my coffee while I shop nonsense. It has gone too far, people. Too far!

Yes, lately I have started getting annoyed by people who have to have a cup of Starbuck's coffee wherever they go. I know that it is important to have a $8.00 cup of coffee all of the time, but can't we go without for a few moments? In particular, for some reason I really get annoyed by people who carry around a cup of coffee while they are shopping, whether at the grocery store or at Target or wherever. Yes, I will reiterate that I know this is an irrational peeve, but for some reason when I see someone carrying around a giant paper cup of coffee while they attempt to steer a shopping cart, I just hope that someone bumps into said person and the scalding hot wastefulness ruins his or her scarf/face.

And God help me if I spy a happy couple with coffee en mains.

That is all.

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

I don't think it's irrational. There is no reason to be drinking anything while shopping, especially since many people wander around the store like idiots going every which way but the right way--right side of the aisle people!! Though, there is no single cup of anything at Starbucks that costs $8 :)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

What does "en mains" mean?

It looks French. The Internet doesn't want to tell me.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

in hand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home