Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wooly, for her pleasure

In one of my classes, I am currently teaching Of Mice and Men, which I love. Here is the highly inappropriate and very hilarious conversation I overheard while students were working in groups:

All characters are sophomore boys
Student A: In this book, they are always talking about going to prostitutes. But didn't the women all get pregnant, since they, like, did not have condoms back then?

Student B: They had condoms. Condoms have been around for, like, a thousand years.

Student A: But they did not have latex. What were they made of?

Student B: They were made of sheep skin. You can still get natural sheep skin condoms.

Student C, up till now silent: Are they, like, furry?

3 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

oh goodness. . .i really don't know what to think about this.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger scott w posited...

Student B sounds like a smart kid. I bet he as A in your class. If not an A in your class, then an A in history.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Did you laugh out loud when you heard this?

Or, better yet, did you rush into the group and start elbowing student C, saying "why don't you ask your girlfriend! Am I right guys, am I right?"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home