Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You turned your back and flicked your hair

I have been in a music rediscovery mood lately. With 4,124 songs on my iPod, sometimes I cannot find anything I want to listen to. So I have been searching for songs that I have not heard in a long time, and I have dug up a few lesser-known gems from my high school or college days. These are sort of one-hit wonders, but since it was alternative, they were never really hits. Basically they are songs that I love by artists I never listen to anymore.

"Over There" by The Connells -- I never really listened to any other music by this critically acclaimed band, but for a while in high school, I could not get enough of this melodic anti-war song. The horn is especially beautiful, and watching the video now for the first time in 15 years brings back memories of the days when one could tape MTV in order to watch music videos.



"Groovy Train" by The Farm -- This is an incredibly fun and silly song, but how can one not tap one's toes incessantly? "Get on, get on, get on my groovy train!"

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

...little did the Farm know, they'd later not be looked upon as groovy dudes, but rather as stereotypical lame-wads...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Indeed. The video (and the look) is lame, but I still love the song.

The Farm had another song that I really liked a lot called "All Together Now".

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Pammy posited...

mmmm fudgsicle mmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home