Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mohels and exorcisms

I felt pretty good about my interview today, and it turns out they must have liked me, because they already called me this afternoon and said, "We were really excited about talking with you today, and we want to schedule a follow-up interview."

So . . . yay me.



In lieu of a proper post, here is some new stuff from Overheard in New York:
Girl: Ellen DeGeneres is pretty funny.
Boy: And by funny you mean what?
Girl: ... A lesbian.

--10th & 5th

Guy #1: Hey... Ummm, by any chance did you get some sort of invitation in the mail from Jerry and Marcia?
Guy #2: I know! Who the fuck gets their 13-year-old circumcised in front of public masses like that?

--14th & 7th

Kid in baggy pants: What do you mean, you're a virgin?
Kid shooting pool: Dude, I'm totally a virgin.
Kid in baggy pants: Trust me, you're not a virgin.

--Pool hall near NYU

Thug #1: She got an abortion?
Thug #2: Bitch had a exorcism.

--N train

7 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Did you delete the last one? Your title doesn't make sense without it...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, I realized that about 10 minutes ago, so I logged on to change it, hoping no one would notice.
So now it will be your comment that makes no sense!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Drat! Foiled again! *waxes mustache*

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

congrats on the second interview!

and i love all the overheard snippets.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Man the last one is the best.

And doesn't 13 seem a little old to get circumcised? At what age does it usually happen?

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Hillstorm posited...

Haven't you heard about Bundy, Max?

I'm pretty sure the entire school heard after Joel yelled...

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

dude i have been recently obsessed with overheard in new york. no joke. it's amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home