Thursday, October 12, 2006

"You'll say the words that I can't say"

Here is another opportunity for metablogging.

I have previously written about how strangers stumble upon my blog, and I mentioned that people from all over the world were visting my blog after searching for phrases like "everytime I see you falling" or "everytime I see you falling new order" or "everytime I see you falling 80s song," or "who sings everytime I see you falling i get down on my knees?" etc.

My first band post was about New Order, and I chose to title it "Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray," from the chorus of the essential song "Bizarre Love Triangle." Apparently this set me up as the go-to blog for people all over the world who think, "I know that song, but who sings it?" I have been monitoring my blog traffic, and every single day for the last 6 months, at least one person in the world comes to my blog on a search for this song. And in fact, on most days, at least four or five people come to my blog looking for info about New Order.


I have had people visit from Miami, Nevada, Iceland, Australia, Israel, Kuwait, and all over the world, all looking for information on "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order. In fact, at 1:03 this morning, someone visited my blog after searching on Google for "Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees."
This person was from Jakarta, Indonesia.
At 3:37 yesterday, the same search from Madrid brought a Spaniard to my door.

I guess this is not important, except that I take great pleasure from it. I love the fact that on a daily basis, people from all over the globe visit my little blog because they share a passion with me. Four or five random people per day is not a lot when you consider the population of the world, but these are four or five people with whom I share a connection.

Since my blog readership is obviously intelligent and well-educated about music, it would be a waste of time to explain the importance of New Order to the history of alternative/new wave music, as would it be over-obvious to mention the importance of the song "Bizarre Love Triangle" and its groundbreaking place in the history of dance music. But I really get a kick out of the fact that when people all over the world search for something that I love so much, they come to me.


Here's the video, just for fun.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Hmm... I did not actually post this at 2:30 am, but rather at 4:30 pm. Oh, Blogger.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger sherlock posited...

i TOTALLY know what metablogging means. huzzoe.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger swalker posited...

I just got back from The Departed, and it was indeed very good. I'm kind of ashamed to say I've never actually seen any of Scorsese's films before this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home