Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Old paint is peeling

Why Fall is the Best Season, Hands Down
  • My favorite weather is when I can wear a long-sleeve t-shirt or sweatshirt with shorts.
  • I love to cook, but there are fewer summer things to cook. I like cooking soup and chili and hot things.
  • I love the smell of autumn leaves.
  • I love the beginning of the TV season.
  • I love apple cider. (Not that apple juice knockoff in the glass jars in the juice aisle that they try to pass off as cider, mind you--real apple cider in the gallon jugs from the produce section.)
  • I love sleeping with the window open a bit so that when morning comes around, I am wrapped up in my comforter.

My Autumn Mix
  • If She Wants Me - Belle & Sebastian
  • Memory Babe - The Boo Radleys
  • Bandwitch - Broken Social Scene
  • I Was A Kaleidoscope - Death Cab For Cutie
  • That Fresh Feeling - Eels
  • Colours - Hot Chip
  • The Girl From Back Then - Kings Of Convenience
  • Jesus - Page France
  • I Believe - R.E.M.
  • Chocolate - Snow Patrol
  • Elevator Love Letter - Stars
  • All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands - Sufjan Stevens
  • I'm Immortal - The Trash Can Sinatras
  • Turn - Travis

10 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

If it's thin and yella
You've got juice there, fella

Thick and brown?
You're in cider town

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

you forgot football

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

"Forgot" is not quite the word.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

"I heard from the trees a great parade.
And I heard from the hills a band was made.
Will I be invited to the sound?"

All The Trees From The Fields Will Clap Their Hands is a perfect fall song. Good choice.

I fell in love the first time I heard it because of how it slowly builds. Banjo. Banjo and piano. Banjo and chorus. Banjo, piano, and chorus. Then finally- banjo, piano, chorus, and drums.

And I am not sure why, but it sort of reminds me of one of my long running fall favorites, "October" by U2. Totally differnt types of songs, but they both give me the same feeling of reflection/meditation.

And speaking of Snow Patrol's Chocolate... have you seen "The Last Kiss" yet?

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

And what about the sudden abundance of fresh pumpkin pie? Yum.

Or hayrides?
They have gotta do that in DeKalb, right?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

here's my mix:
Influence (J-5)
Close I've Come (Ben Lee)
Rise Up With Fists! (Jenny Lewis)
And it Stoned Me (Van Morrison)
Ugly Love (Eels)
At My Window Sad And Lonely (Wilco w/ Billy Brag)
Grace Cathedral Hill (Decemberists)
She (Elvis Costello)
Last Goodbye (Jeff Buckley)
Not Angry Anymore (Ani)
Born At The Right Time (Live)(Paul Simon)
Promise (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club)
The Golden Age (Beck)
Wicked Little Town (Hedwig Version) (Soundtrack.)

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Mayah-
I was just listening to "Wicked Little Town" and "Midnight Radio" earlier today. That whole soundtrack is just so good.

It's cool how easily that "rock opera" song fits in with the rest of your choices.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

houley-
I am sure Dub is much to focused on the baseball's upcoming postseason to pay any attention to football.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Yeah, that is coming up. Dub, you should come visit the U when you're in town for the World Series.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

yeah, the hedwig soundtrack is phenomenal. i'm basically obsessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home