Monday, December 12, 2005

Analytical Blog Retrospective

Today is my 100th post here on I Charge Laughing.
I like much of what I have written on my blog. Sometimes I like the way I wrote something, sometimes I like the topic about which I wrote, and sometimes I like the response a post elicits. Anyway, here are a few of my favorite posts, for various reasons, in chronological order:

Overall, my posts have gotten 1078 comments, for a comments per post (CPP) average of 10.889. (School is out -- I have nothing to do. Yes, I counted.)

The post that got the most comments was about the Iraq War.

Other things about by blog:
  • Some of my posts were lame and got only 1 comment.
  • Some days I was just not feeling creative.
  • I have tried to post every day, with one day off per weekend. (I have strayed from this pattern once or twice.)
  • 30 posts were either directly or indirectly about politics
  • 12 posts were about movies
  • 17 posts were about music

Goals for the future of my blog:
  • Increase readership
  • Increase my CPP average (Validly, not in that fishing-for-comments technique to which some blogs stoop)
  • Write more memoir-type posts about my life
Thanks to my readers who have made this blog worthwhile. I hope to continue this for a long time to come. I would be interested in hearing what some readers' favorite parts of my blog are. And what can I do to improve my blog?

But I hope I have created something somewhat enjoyable so far. I have enjoyed creating it.

17 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

I would safely call this the second best blog I have read, behind the one I have linked as "The Greatest Blog I Have Ever Read." You've said more on individual posts than I have in 175 posts. (and counting) Not that that takes too much effort.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

BTW, When you say "that fishing-for-comments technique to which some blogs stoop," is that a direct burn on Tay? If so...

Oh shit burn!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Carson posited...

I really enjoy reading your blog, even if I don't comment on every post.

Your blog reminds me of all the fun conversations that used to take place during BHS drama rehersals for "The Crucible" or "The Curious Savage".

I think we spent more time joking and arguing than actually rehearsing (which would explain why Seth Dowd never fully learned his lines when playing Reverend Hale).

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Jake, I don't think we can attribute all of Seth's problem to rehearsal chatting!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger matt posited...

the decemberists fiasco was my favorite

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

i like reading this blog. where other blogs are fun, this one is fun and more often than not makes me think.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Carson posited...

Dub-
You make a good point.

But, then again, if he practiced a song enough times, he would eventually learn the lyrics.

Hell, even Graham couldn't remember all his lines until the day before the show.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

I like the music posts

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Hear Hear

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger matt posited...

yeah, this is my favorite blog by far. right in front of mattsons

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I read this blog.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Thanks everyone.

And John . . . ?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

What I think was my favorite post hasn't been mentioned yet: the allegory of the Iraq War, with the bulldozer and the umbrella.

Music posts just go over my head, except the occasional one, namely the Beatles. I rarely visit the cinema, so movie reviews are entertaining but sadly not something I make much use of.

Personal posts are good. I also like anthologies of things from "Heard in NY" or "Found" b/c I never go to those sites myself.

Overall, I check out this blog last because it never fails to disappoint. It battles for my favorite with the one at which I post. So keep it up ;)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I figure that the simple fact that I, John Valesano, read this blog is praise enough.

So, you're welcome.

Yeah. Sarcasm. I do read this blog though.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Jason -- You were the only one who understood my bulldozer story! Thanks though.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Tom posited...

i understood the bulldozer story, i just didnt want to admit it...

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

Most important post? The one where Paul posted the first two verses from Will Smith's "Freakin' It."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home