Friday, December 09, 2005

One down, three to go

We had a big snowstorm yesterday, so I feel much more at home now.

Here is the view of the pool of my apartment complex, taken from my patio:


I call it "Les Emprientes des Ecureuils dans la Neige" ("Squirrel Tracks in the Snow")

Anyway . . .

I am finished with my first semester of grad school.

Overall, I have enjoyed the experience a lot. I liked 2 of my 3 classes, and I have actually learned some stuff, which I guess is the reason I am here. As I said a while ago, DeKalb is not the metropolitan mecca of the world, but I have made some good friends here, so my social life is pretty good. I still have not decided if I want to continue on with school after my 2 years here are up or if I want to go back to high school teaching. I love being a student, but I also love being a teacher. I'll decide by the end of the year though.

It is nice to have options.

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

especially when both options are things you love...

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

In psychology terminology, that's an approach-approach conflict.

Thank you, Dave LaShomb, for teaching me things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home