Sunday, December 04, 2005

Spring Break -- Celestial Edition

I finished my big paper this afternoon -- it turned out pretty well at 17 pages. I am fairly happy with it, but it is for my History of Film class, and I have an A+ in there, so I have some breathing room on my paper. I also have a test there tomorrow, which I have studied a bit for. I am going to reread my paper once more tonight, then study all morning and early afternoon tomorrow.

That was a boring post.

So I am now going to post one of my favorite jokes. Now I am not a person who really likes telling jokes --I hate it when I am out in public and one person tells a joke, and then that is all that happens for the next hour. But nonetheless . . .

I have to warn some readers that it may be considered offensive to some. So if you are sensitive to religious jokes, consider yourself warned and skip it. (But it is not like an anti-anybody joke, like a racist or anti-semitic joke -- just generally heretical.)

And please remember, it is just a joke, not a statement of my position or my religious beliefs!

The Blasphemy Starts Now . . .

One day, God decides he wants to take a vacation. So he gathers up three of his angels/advisers to ask them where he should go on his vacation.
The first angel says, "Well, I hear Pluto is nice."
And God responds, "Are you kidding? Last time I went there I almost broke my neck skiing!"
So the second angel says, "Well, how about Mercury? No skiiing there!"
God frowns and says, "No way. The last thing I need is another sunburn!"
So the third angel, the voice of reason, says to God, "Well, how about Earth? Earth is nice and temperate."
God says, "Are you nuts? I went there 2,000 years ago, and they're still accusing me of knocking up some Jewish chick."



*I'd say that this is going to keep me out of Heaven, but I think my chances were pretty slim to begin with.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Hmmm... it's okay. I've heard better. Especially for the amount of disclaimer that required...

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, I purposely overdid it on the disclaimer. For those who didn't like the joke that much, I thought they would at least get a kick out of the disclaimers!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

6.8/10 on the joke.

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I've got a couple of jokes, and I just told bonnie and she didn't think they were funny. I think they're pretty hi-larious, but they might not hold up as well in type.

what do you call a woman who flies a plane?


a pilot.


what did the farmer say when he lost his tractor?

where's my tractor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home