Monday, November 05, 2007

"All by myself . . . don't wanna be . . . "

I blogged a few words about the new seasons of some of my favorite returning shows, so now I need to say a bit about some brand new shows.

First of all, I must say that I have not watched too many of the new shows because few of them look very good. And I have accidentally seen one or two shows that I do not intend to actually watch (The Big Bang Theory, for example). But here are the new shows that I am actually watching, in no particular order:

Private Practice
I watch this because I like Grey's Anatomy, and I liked the character of Addison when she was on that show. Notice that I wrote that sentence in past tense. I am disappointed in this show, but I am still watching it for now.

Reaper
Reaper is a nice surprise this season. I think it is clever and entertaining. I caught it by accident when it first aired, and I like it. The scene-stealer is Ray Wise as the devil. He played Leland Palmer in Twin Peaks (which I will be blogging about soon, by the way), and he is a great scene chewer here.


Dirty Sexy Money
I watched the pilot of Dirty Sexy Money and I was highly entertained, but then I missed several weeks in a row. Fortunately I DVR'd them, and last weekend I watched a bunch of episodes in a row, and now I am hooked. I think it is funny, raunchy, silly, and over-the-top. In other words, what's not to like?



Pushing Daisies
This is my favorite new show. I find the premise--a man who can bring dead people back to life for one minute and so he uses this power to solve murders and meanwhile he has brought his childhood love back to life but now can never touch her--quite intriguing, and so far the storylines have kept my interest well. I also love the style and look of Pushing Daisies. It is a different kind of show, and that is a rare treat.

8 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger matt posited...

i watched the premier of pushing daisies and loved it just like you. my sadness comes in the fact that i am unable to be around a tv when its on. i have a hankering that this will be a series that i will buy as soon as its out on dvd.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

My cousins and aunt have a deep appreciation of Twin Peaks. I think it is something I should watch.


When/on what channel is Reaper on?

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Ahahah, Matt Capelle out blogging about Pushing Daisies at 4:19 in the morning.



This is what we do all night.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Kath posited...

You can catch full episodes of Pushing Daisies online at abc.com--a little annoying with the small screen & ads, but instant gratification nonetheless.

I've also been enjoying Chuck, Life and Bionic Woman (that last one mostly because I'm a sucker for any show that has women kicking someone's butt...cliche but true!)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Max, Reaper is on at the same time as House, on the CW. So thank goodness for the DVR.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Kath, I wanted to see Chuck when I first heard about it, but I missed it from the start, so now I feel like I need to wait for reruns!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

kath I do not know you, but I assume from your comment that you like Zena, Warrior Princess, which makes us automatic bros.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kath posited...

constant_k

Yep, Xena's my girl (I have a very unfortunate Halloween costume too...). I'm actually going through all the DVDs in order through Netflix & Buffy's next...I think it's good to have a hobby (ha ha ha).

John, add Chuck to your DVR list & catch up with online episodes on nbc.com. Worst case, if we really run out of shows come Jan/Feb because of the writers strike, you can catch them then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home