Monday, August 27, 2007

“I have no recollection.”

My first day of school went very well. Of course the first day is always kind of a waste, with course descriptions & expectations, etc. But I feel very good about the first day facing students. Of course it is only my first day here; it is actually my ninth first day of school, so that makes it easier.



Elsewhere . . .

I am suddenly overwhelmed with fear. I did not realize it before, but now I know that Alberto Gonzales was keeping me safe. Safe from terrorism, to be sure, but also safe from radical U.S. attorneys and privacy.

But most of all, I fear that once he is gone, that pesky "right" to habeus corpus will come back in fashion. Alberto said it best: "There is no express grant of habeas in the Constitution. There is a prohibition against taking it away." I love logic.


Farewell to the ultimate Yes Man, a man who truly raised the bar of incompetence. The country was made better today, and now Alberto can go on the lecture circuit and become a millionaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home