Monday, July 30, 2007

"I wish every day were Negro Day."

I saw Hairspray this weekend, and while I knew it was going to be fun, I was not prepared for how thoroughly entertaining this movie is.

The music? A toetapping explosion of fun.
The story? Hair and racial tensions! What's not to love?
The cast? Not a weak performance in the whole film. Notably:
  • Nikki Blonsky is extraordinary in her debut role as Tracy

  • Christopher Walken is always great, and this is no exception

  • Michelle Pfeiffer is devilishly amusing as the evil station manager

  • Queen Latifah just continues to get better and better

  • Even the actors I never really paid any attention to before were great, especially James Marsden, Zac Efron, and Brittany Snow
And John Travolta? I had my doubts going in, but between his crazy Baltimore accent and his galaxina dance moves, this was a truly entertaining performance.


I had a blast watching Hairspray. It is hilarious, and I basically had a giant smile on my face for the entire duration of the movie.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

You want an entertaining movie? See the Simpsons Movie!!!! Hello from Michigan!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Perhaps Nikki Blonsky will follow in Rikki Lake's footsteps and ride her breakout role as Tracy Turnblad all the way to the top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home