Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rays of light shone down on me

Today is a day of great convergence, where things I love come together.

I am heading in to Chicago because the Decemberists are playing a free concert in Chicago's beautiful Millennium Park, and they will be backed by the Chicago Orchestra. Many of the Decemberists' best songs have been reworked as grand orchestral arrangements. The playlist seems to feature many of my favorites, but one song that I am most excited about is "I Was Meant for the Stage," which was not played at either of the other shows I saw.
As an added bonus, my dad's condo is right across the street from the venue, and since he is out of town, he is letting me use his parking spot, so I do not have to pay for parking!

The concert venue at Millennium Park


So, Decemberists + Chicago + Millennium Park + Free + My Friends = Ideal.

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

kelsey nelson texted me about this concert, she said she was going to go. oh man i am sooo jealous!!!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

This is me, wishing I could be in chicago.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home