Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw

Songs on my iTunes with the word "America" in the title:
  • "Look Inside America" - Blur
  • "Music America" - Blur
  • "American Girls" - Counting Crows
  • "I'm Afraid of Americans" - David Bowie
  • "This is Not America" - David Bowie
  • "Young Americans" - David Bowie
  • "North American Scum" - LCD Soundsystem
  • "American Car" - Mike Doughty
  • "America is Not the World" - Morrissey
  • "American Money" - New Fast Automatic Daffodils
  • "Little America" - R.E.M.
  • "Erica America" - Saint Etienne
  • "America" - Simon & Garfunkel
With some of these titles, I am not sure that Toby Keith would approve of my list. And David Bowie seems to have a larger piece of the iTunes pie than others. He must love us (while simultaneously fearing us).

You see, here's what America and Americans believe -- that freedom is not America's gift to the world, that freedom is the Almighty's gift to each and every individual who lives in the world.
-- George W. Bush

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Here is my own comment, simply because I would have been depressed if I had three posts in a row with no comments. My blog readership has plummeted of late. I hope my blog is not dying, which would mean the terrorists have won.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

i'm on dial-up for the most part. which really means i'm not on the internet. but you can count on a renewal of my avid readership come september.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger PBear posited...

No Tom Petty on your IPod? American Girl was always a fav of mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home