Monday, April 16, 2007

Prospects and pachyderms

I don't want to jinx anything, so I am not going to get into a lot of detail, but I will just say that there has been some positive movement on the job front. Nothing is final, but I am excited about some prospects. I should know more by the end of the week.



I don't know how the rest of you feel about nature documentaries, but I am a fan. Last week, Nature was airing a special called "Unforgettable Elephants" (elephants are in fact my favorite animal), and it was one of the most powerful and moving nature shows I have ever seen. The show follows a family of elephants for 15 years, and the emotions and family bonds of these animals are a wonder to behold.
Of course, as I have mentioned before, I am quite a baby when I watch movies, but this particular show was something extraordinary. I'm a little misty just thinking about it.

9 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Pammy posited...

i understand, mr. w. Sometimes I cry about puppies.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

If you like cute animals, you're bound to like this gem I stumbled across. It's one of the more adorable things of all time.

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

That was a great video Jason. I sometimes wish I had partner to hold hands with, but my destructive life style of sex, drugs and rock and roll makes it hard to find a compatible mate. I am sure Coachdubs can relate as well as many of the other bloggers out there.

I remember many nights in middle school watching Wild, on the Discovery channel about animals in Africa. I was always facinated by the giraffes and hippopotami; those shows are now hard to find because Dirty Jobs is on at least 8 times a day. That or the How it's Made show.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, Jason, that is quite cute.

And Scott, there are plenty of sex-crazed druggies who like to hold hands. You just need to know where to look.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I watched a discovery channel show on African elephants once, and I believe that the show said elephants are the only species besides humans who seem to remember their dead. That was pretty amazing.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

You gotta check out Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel...it's fascinating...

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Planet Earth is wicked sweet.

Elephants use foot stomps to communiate with each other over long distances. Also, they can use their trunks as snorkles. Some elephants in zoos like to paint. I'm not a big fan of their work, but I appreciate the effort.

WV: BVN FX DUB.
Bovine effects dubbed, apparently.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Thanks for interpreting it that way. It could have involved foulness between me and a cow.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Planet Earth is simply amazing... brilliant use of HDTV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home