Monday, January 22, 2007

Turned away from it all like a blind man

Since I have now had all of my classes at least once, I think I can say that I am going to like the coursework this semester. So far, I think the class I am teaching is going well, but I will know more after a few assignments. My American poetry class will be interesting in terms of the reading assignments, and I do not foresee any trouble here. My Topics in Film and Literature course will be challenging but interesting. It is the first class I have had where the whole semester grade is based on one paper. No final. No smaller essays. So that puts a lot of pressure on us.

My main concern is time management, especially in the next 6 weeks. Four of the novels for that course are due in the next 5 weeks, which only worries me because all of the reading I need to do for my master's exam is also in the next 6 weeks (. . . in addition to all of the job searching).

Of course I can handle the load -- pressure is fun. The point? Please, dear readers, do not be dismayed if I do not update every day.


That said however, tomorrow brings both the Oscar nominations and the State of the Union address.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Oh my God! Little Miss Sunshine got nominated for Best Film as well as two nominations for Best Supporting Actor and Actress. I am so happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home