Wednesday, December 06, 2006

In December, my heart's full of spring

Last year I wrote a post about Christmas music, but this year I thought I would post the videos for two of my favorite non-Christmas Christmas songs. Each of these songs is peripherally about Christmas, but they are great songs in their own right, and they are also both important to my personal music history.


The Pogues - "A Fairytale of New York"
I posted about how this song made me into a Pogues fan. I love that it starts out all beautiful, and then Shane and Kirsty start insulting each other.




Saint Etienne - "I Was Born on Christmas Day"
In my post about Saint Etienne, I explained that I kept hearing this song in various Virgin Megastores all across Europe back around Christmas, 1993. And again, this helped make me a fan. (The song also features Tim Burgess from the Charlatans UK.) I love this song, and it always gets me in the spirit.




Getting groovy after Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home