Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pilgrim's Progress

I am very excited to be going to visit some relatives whom I have not seen for years and years. I really like Thanksgiving a lot.

So, at the risk of being sentimental and cheesy, here we go.

A partial list of what I am currently thankful for:
  • My family
  • My friends
  • Films, in general
  • My iPod
  • Having experienced the joy of Minnesota
  • Experiencing grad school
  • My blog
  • The honor of directing plays at BHS
  • My passion for music
  • The recent elections
  • Chicago's proximity to DeKalb
  • Being able to see my family more than once a year
  • The successes that have shaped me
  • The missteps that have shaped me
  • Grinnell College
  • Pop culture
  • Netflix
  • William Shakespeare
  • Wallace Stevens, E.E. Cummings, and William Carlos Williams
  • Student loans
  • Shiraz and Pinot Noir
  • Post-It® page markers
  • Movies that make me laugh
  • Movies that make me cry
  • The Departed and Little Miss Sunshine
  • My three houseplants that are thriving instead of dying
  • Favorite songs that make me happy
  • Felicity Huffman
  • Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, The Office, and Grey's Anatomy
  • My DVR
  • Having had the opportunity to travel a lot
  • $5.50 pitchers of Killian's at The Annex
  • Barns
  • Being half a car payment away from fully owning my car
  • My new scanner
  • Being the keeper of the family slide collection
  • That movies like Magnolia, Fargo, and Eternal Sunshine exist
  • The fear that comes from leaping
  • Having options
  • Narrowing my options
  • Being a teacher
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

6 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

Barns? lol

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

Killians. hell yeah.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Tay posited...

i think you forgot me. i mean i guess i could be considered one of your "successes" but, i mean, felicity huffman got her own line, so i think i should get one too.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

success?

well, i guess converting a crazy wannabe kirstin dunham into an even crazier wannabe... ... uhh... something else could be considered such.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

i'm thankful for having red hair and my grandma's lasagna. I hate two huge pieces last night. mmmmmm

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

and by hate i mean ate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home