Friday, December 08, 2006

Blurring the lines

I think I may watch Rudolph and Frosty tonight. I have not seen these shows in a long time.



In other news . . .

Some thoughts on the Grammy nominations:

  • Record of the Year is a weak category this year. I like Gnarls, but also, solely for political reasons, I like the fact that the Dixie Chicks got a lot of nominations.
  • Best New Artist Imogen Heap. Excellent.
  • I'm with Erik. Daniel Powter is a giant pile.
  • Only in America can Death Cab for Cutie be in the same category as Pussycat Dolls and "My Humps"
  • Peter Frampton? Good lord.
  • I am glad that Justin Timberlake got some nods. FSLS is fun stuff.
  • I like every song in the Best Dance Recording category: "Suffer Well" by Depeche Mode, "Ooh La La" by Goldfrapp, "I'm with Stupid" by Pet Shop Boys, "Get Together" by Madonna, and "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. Nice variety. Good grooves. Well done, committee.
  • Plus the Pet Shop Boys and Goldfrapp both scored Best Dance Album nominations. Sweet.
  • I love Coldplay. But they are not "rock."
  • Best Rock Album is a sad affair this year
  • Flaming Lips. Good work.
  • If "The Blessing of Abraham" beats "Not Forgotten" for Best Gospel Song, they can just scrap this category since it will prove that God does not exist. (?)

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Don't forget about OK Go's video for "Here It Goes Again" getting nominated for best short form, and Little Miss Sunshine getting nominated for best film soundtrack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home