Wednesday, December 20, 2006

And smart too

The other night I had a dream in which I came across a girl who went to middle school with me. I honestly have not even thought of this girl or her name for 15 years, so I do not know what she was doing popping up in my subconscious. But anyway, it inspired me to dig out my old 8th grade yearbook (for which I was editor!) from Justice Middle School, Marion, Indiana.

First, here is a lovely picture of me from the yearbook (I'm the tall kid with spiky hair):

In front of me is my friend Tim, and in the background is some kid named Rick who lived near me, and my friend Kasey. I don't remember what we were making though.


But the true joy of unearthing the 8th grade yearbook is reading what some people wrote.


Exhibit A:

You're welcome, Pam. Thank you for figuring out that I merit a "b" instead of an "s." Apparently, however, I am the kind of "brother" who never calls or writes.


Exhibit B:

Thanks, Alison. Even though you moved away the next year, I kept my unique sense of humor just for you.


Exhibit C:


Tracy was a good friend, and then he moved away to another school. I completely lost touch with him. In French class we would play Slow-Mo Rocky, in which he would punch me in slow motion, and I would do that weird slow-mo shout -- "Noooooooo!" -- and then I would spray blood and spit all over the wall. Good times.


Exhibit D:


Jason was my best friend for a couple of years in middle school. We bonded over our love of Michael Jackson and New Edition. He made fun of my sloppy handwriting because he had fancy writing. Now he is a rock star in Austin.


Exhibit E:


As you all know, I remained fresh, and I did stay chillin'.


9 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

thats so weird, because as soon as i met you in tenth grade, i thought, "this is a fresh guy that knows what's up."

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

How about that "rock star" signature. No doubt about it, that kid was going places. Love to you, my friend.
- Jason Trout

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Tom, I am sorry I was such a let down from your first impressions.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Just kidding. Of course I'm fresh.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

And Jason, thanks for stopping by, my New Edition Brother.
Cool it now, ooh watch out.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger swalker posited...

That's a very nice-looking photograph.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Jake posited...

Good lord. I should do this with my yearbook sometime. The results would be truly frightening.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

If I were to post things from BHS yearbooks, they'd also be frightening, though probably for different reasons.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

Thanks for sharing, John. Can't wait to pull out my yearbooks when you come to visit. Ah, good times, lots of laughs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home