Sunday, November 19, 2006

A dreaded sunny day, so let's go where we're happy

It has been quite a while since I looked at my fortune and future with the help of the iPod Magic 8 Ball, so I thought I would reassess my situation.


iPod Magic 8-Ball
Directions: Put your iPod (or other mp3 player) on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question.


How does the world see me?: "Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World" by u2.
That's not far off, I guess. I am a crazy bleeding heart, after all.

Will I have a happy life?: "Rebellion (Lies)" by The Arcade Fire
"Every time you close your eyes, lies." Great prospect there.

What do my friends really think of me?: "One Love " by Massive Attack
I guess this means that I am the one love my friends need. How beautiful.

Do people secretly lust after me?: "Bled White" by Elliot Smith
This means nothing in context of this question, but one would hope to avoid Elliot Smith when one is looking for a positive answer to anything.

How can I make myself happy?: "Surfing on a Rocket" by Air
This means that I will not find happiness by conventional means.

What should I do with my life?: "Gimme Some Salt" by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
That does it--I'm quitting my Master's program and going to chef school. My iPod told me to.

Will I ever have children?: "Jellybelly" by Smashing Pumpkins
Is that some reference to a pregnant woman? Or Ronald Reagan?

What is some good advice for me?: "Summer Skin" by Death Cab for Cutie
Because of my red former hair and fair skin, the iPod Magic 8-Ball is advising me to use sunscreen.

How will I be remembered?: "How High" by Madonna
"How high are the stakes?" Please do not remember me this way.

What is my signature dancing song?: "Milk Bottle Symphony" by Saint Etienne
Ha ha, look at the dancing vegan, dancing veganly to a song about milk. This must be some sort of clairvoyant irony. (No, veganly is not a word, but it should be.)

What do I think my current theme song is?: "White Collar Boy" by Belle and Sebastian
I am feeling like an office worker lately.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?: "Cemetry Gates" by The Smiths
Well it is a song about the great of literature, so I guess it works.

What song will play at my funeral?: "More Than This" by Peter Gabriel
Does this mean that come funeral time, people will have wished I had done more with my life? I hope not. But in context of the song meaning, perhaps it means I am going on to something more.

What type of mate are you looking for?: "Not Another Drugstore" by The Chemical Brothers
How true, how true.

What is your day going to be like?: "January's Little Joke" by The Trash Can Sinatras
Cold, sad, cloudy. Good to know.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

How does the world see me?: "Revolution 909" by Daft Punk.

Will I have a happy life?: "Brokebach Mountain Theme: The Wings (Gabriel and Dresden's Organized Nature Remix)" by Gustavo Santaolalla and Gabriel & Dresden.
Not sure what to make of this. The theme itself is not so happy, but the remix is an upbeat dance tune. Mixed signals.

What do my friends really think of me?: "What You Need" by INXS. My friends must think I will give them what they need.

Do people secretly lust after me?: "London Calling" by The Clash.
No idea what this means.

How can I make myself happy?: "Catwalk" by Tony Tisdale.
"Work it, own it. You're catwalkin' baby." I will have to work it and own it, I guess.

What should I do with my life?: "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" by The Flaming Lips. This is a confusing one. Question peoples motives, maybe?

Will I ever have children?: "I Get Lonely" by Janet Jackson.
This can't be a good sign.

What is some good advice for me?: "Your Eyes Open" by Keane. I should keep my eyes open to new things.

How will I be remembered?: "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel. I swear this is the song that came up randomly. Weird. Maybe it means I will spark some kind of controversy, or as some kind of activist.

What is my signature dancing song?: "Robot Rock" by Daft Punk.
Just sweet.

What do I think my current theme song is?: "Theatre" by Pet Shop Boys. I am feeling like an office worker lately.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?: "Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz.
"Yo, watch the way I navigate,
Hahahahahhaa".

What song will play at my funeral?: "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order.
Not a song I think you would normally hear at a funeral, but it would definitely make things more interesting. The only question now would be: open casket or cremation?

What type of mate are you looking for?: "If Loving You Is Wrong, I Don't Want To Be Right" by Al Green.
I will let that one speak for itself.

What is your day going to be like?: "She's A Rebel" by Green Day.
Rebellion is in my near future.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Oops, I don't actually feel like an office worker. That is one of Dubs comments I forgot to delete out when I copy and pasted his questions. Please ignore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home