Thursday, November 09, 2006

By land, by sea, by dirigible

I am going to see The Decemberists at the Riviera in Chicago this weekend, and of course I am very excited about it. Some of you may recall that I went to see them last year as well, which led to a very memorable post-concert adventure.

I am most looking forward to hearing "Sons and Daughters," since this song fills me with joy every time I hear it. Last year they did not play "I Was Meant for the Stage" (though I did hear it on my cell phone the next night, thanks to Matt and Hannah), so I really hope I get to hear this important song, too. Overall I think it will be brilliant. Apparently, Colin Meloy has said that because the band is playing bigger venues (with higher prices), they are putting on extra-special shows for the fans.



I will report back after the show, and I hope to make it home without any psycho-hosebeast drama.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

They will be very spectacular indeed. I just hope that I will manage to meet Colin!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home