Monday, March 20, 2006

Old people made of stone

OK, this is fairly silly, and you have probably seen it on 1,378 other blogs, but it is new to me. I stole the idea from my friend Kathleen's MySpace blog. And I also know that I recently featured a different iPod game. So what? It's a fun time-waster.


iPod Magic 8-Ball
Directions: Put your iPod (or other mp3 player) on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.


How does the world see me?: "Positive Tension" by Bloc Party
I guess that sounds about right.

Will I have a happy life?: "Got Carried Away" by Trash Can Sinatras
Yikes. So I guess I have that to look forward to.

What do my friends really think of me?: "Souljacker Part II" by Eels
I am sorry to all of my friends. I did not mean to jack your souls.

Do people secretly lust after me?: "Pinch Roller" by Kasabian
Yeah, I don't know what this one means.

How can I make myself happy?: "Things Behind the Sun" by Nick Drake
I think that means that my happiness is out there somewhere, but way out of reach. How cheery.

What should I do with my life?: "Deep Honey" by Goldfrapp
Someone please help me figure this one out.

Will I ever have children?: "Handjobs for the Holidays" by Broken Social Scene
Hmm . . . (I swear that this was totally random.)

What is some good advice for me?: "I Was Meant for the Stage" by The Decemberists
Broadway, here I come. Or at least back to directing high school plays.

How will I be remembered?: "Tongue" by R.E.M.
I'll assume this refers to my biting wit . . .

What is my signature dancing song?: "Get it Together" by The Go! Team
I do like it when people get together to dance.

What do I think my current theme song is?: "If You Want It, Take It" by The Boo Radleys
How very carpe diem of me.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?: "We Just Won't Be Defeated" by The Go! Team
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your support.

What song will play at my funeral?: "Reverence" by The Jesus and Mary Chain
That sounds excellent if you only look at the title. A funeral should be full of reverence. Just ignore the lyrics that say, "I wanna die just like Jesus Christ."

What type of men/women do you like?: "Momuments for a Dead Century" by The Boo Radleys
So, old people made of stone? Great.

What is your day going to be like?: "At My Window Sad and Lonely" by Billy Bragg & Wilco
Nice. I'm glad I got out of bed.


Feel free add your own 8-Ball fun in the comments!

4 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

Billy Bragg is pretty cool except for his 2800 dollar 21+ show bullshit he pulls. Does he think people are made of money (and years)?

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

with not much in my mp3 player (as of yet)....

How does the world see me?: "The Mariner's Revenge Song" by the Decemberists
interesting

Will I have a happy life?: "I'm A Long Way From Home" by Shooter Jennings
well that sucks

What do my friends really think of me?: "Different Names for the Same Thing" by Death Cab For Cutie
so I'm unoriginal?

Do people secretly lust after me?: "Odalisque" by the Decemberists
kinky

How can I make myself happy?: "Prophet" by Jude
by the lyrics, I'm supposed to keep to myself

What should I do with my life?: "Bathwater" by No Doubt
toss it out?

Will I ever have children?: "Dirty Dream Number Two" by Belle & Sebastian
apparently I will in some sort of one-night stand situation

What is some good advice for me?:
"Brothers On A Hotel Bed" by Death Cab For Cutie
at the same time?

How will I be remembered?: "Judy and the Dream of Horses" by Belle & Sebastian
I like it.

What is my signature dancing song?: "Secret Messages" by ELO
ELO is good to dance to

What do I think my current theme song is?: "Marching Bands of Manhattan" by Death Cab For Cutie
okay.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?: "Answer the Phone" by Sugar Ray
I don't think anyone else currently wants to "do it again"

What song will play at my funeral?: "Eva Luna" by Tarkio which includes the lyrics: "sleep well but when you die
I'll say, 'It served you right'"

What type of men/women do you like?: "That's All Right" (performed) by Tyler Hilton
hmmmm....

What is your day going to be like?: "We Remain As Two" by Page France
wasn't today.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Between your funeral music and my handjob tune, I can see how people would question the randomness of the selections.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

not necessarily... i mean, the rest of us have no idea exactly how many handjob tunes you have on your iPod, Wanninger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home