Thursday, October 26, 2006

Grad school behavior

Delving deeper into the world of "what academics do," I am heading to Indianapolis for the weekend to present a paper at a conference. How very scholastic of me.

I will be presenting my (award-winning!) essay "L.A. Story and the Postmetropolitan Condition"--with film clips!--at the Midwest Pop Culture Association Annual Conference. I will also be attending other speaker panels throughout the weekend, on topics such as "Let's Hug It Out, Bitch: Portrayals of Male Friendship in Entourage" and "Sellouts, Poseurs, and Suicides: Punk Rock and the Pursuit of Secular Otherworldliness."

And since the conference is in Indy, I will get to see my nephews.

8 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Between the ideas of an essay with film clips and "the Midwest Pop Culture Association," I think my head just exploded.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

The mess from that could short out your keyboard, so be careful.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

congrats, have fun, and i wish i could go.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Wanninger, did you get my email?

Ashley

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I was hoping there wouldn't be a signature on that last one.


Shaniquq. I love you. Call me.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

I was hoping there wouldn't be a signature on that last one.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Goddamnit, fuckin blogger beta won't let me delete that last comment.

Wave of the future, eh dub?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, just maybe not the wave of the present.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home