Thursday, February 02, 2006

You bring light in, you bring light in

In the world of electronic music, the songs I generally like most are songs with huge beats but with actual words and lyrics that I can sing along to. Now I am not talking about the little trancey radio hits like "Heaven" and "Better Off Alone," although I do like dancing to those songs, nor do I mean dance remixes of popular songs, which I also frequently enjoy. I basically mean non-instrumental big beat and/or techno songs that are suitable for both hard dancing and loud singing.

So, just for fun, here is a list of some of my favorite such songs from my collection:

  • "Stop the Rock" by Apollo 440
  • "Never Gonna Come Back Down" by BT
  • "Where's Your Head At?" by Basement Jaxx
  • "Romeo" by Basement Jaxx
  • "Life is Sweet" by The Chemical Brothers
  • "Out of Control" by The Chemical Brothers
  • "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk
  • "Wonderful Night" by Fatboy Slim
  • "Weapon of Choice" by Fatboy Slim
  • "Emerge" by Fischerspooner
  • "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp
  • "Number One" by Goldfrapp
  • "Superstylin'" by Groove Armada
  • "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior
  • "Sleeping Faster" by Lo Fidelity All-Stars
  • "Everytime You Touch Me" by Moby
  • "Swastika Eyes" by Primal Scream
  • "History Repeating" by Propellerheads
  • "Poor Leno" by Royksopp
  • "Destination Eschaton" by The Shamen
  • "Born Slippy" by Underworld
  • "Jumbo" by Underworld
  • "Two Months Off" by Underworld

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger hannah posited...

i'm a little upset by the lack of kylie on that list.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I actually do like a few of her songs, but I stayed away from "dance pop" for this particualr list.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

My fave electronica song is "In Dust" by Chemical Brothers. Admittedly, I don't like much electronica outside Moby (does he count?) and the Chemical Brothers. Not my cup o' Joe.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Carson posited...

So many songs you have listed are favorites of mine as well.

The first time I heard Basement Jaxx back in 1999, I fell madly in love with "Red Alert". I really love both of theirs that you mentioned. And "Oh My Gosh" and "Get Me Off" are good too.

"Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" is fantastic, as is the whole Discovery album.

Here are several I think also fit your criteria:
Cassius- "Sound of Violence"
Benny Benassi- "Satisfaction" (Why God did Burger King have to use this in their commercials and ruin it?)
The Ones- "Flawless"
Madison Avenue- "Don't Call Me Baby"
The Prodigy- "Firestarter"

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I thought of "The Sound of Violence" after I posted. That is such a great song.
And I have always loved "Satisfaction," and I thought of adding it, but it did not quite fit my "sing along" criterion. I know it has words, but since it is a computer singing . . . well, you know. But I'm with you on the Burger King fiasco.
I really like Madison Ave. too, both "Don't Call Me Baby" and "Who the Hell Are You?" I forgot about them since I don't actually own them anymore. I will have to download them post haste.

I could have included 20 more Basement Jaxx songs on my list, but I wanted to spread out the love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home