Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Then, whoa, differences!

This was difficult. I saw many, many great movies from 2007.

First, as usual, some guilty pleasure movies of 2007 (that I do not feel guilty about):
  • Hot Fuzz
  • Ocean's 13
  • Live Free or Die Hard

Next, some very good movies that did not quite make the cut for my list:
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Waitress, Eastern Promises, The Lookout, Atonement, Charlie Wilson's War, Sweeney Todd, The Simpsons Movie, Away from Her, No End in Sight

And as always, this list is pretty arbitrary, though I am pretty confident with the top 9 or so. After that, they are kind of interchangeable. Anyway . . .

The Best Films of 2007
15. Hairspray
14. Zodiac
13. Superbad
12. Into the Wild
11. Sunshine
10. Gone Baby Gone
9. Paris, Je T'aime
8. Grindhouse
7. Michael Clayton
6. 3:10 to Yuma
5. Once
4. The Bourne Ultimatum
3. Juno
2. There Will Be Blood
1. No Country for Old Men

Oscar predictions will be posted in the next few days, and of course I will be liveblogging the Oscars on Sunday.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

First of all, Hot Fuzz and Live Free or Die Hard are not guilty pleasures, they are awesome. Second, The Simpsons Movie did not make the cut?! I am appalled! Bah!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, I know they are not really guilty pleasures. I just wanted them to have their own section!

And I knew you'd be mad about The Simpsons Movie. Don't take it personally. :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Best Picture/Best Director sweet by No Country?
Probably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home