Thursday, February 14, 2008

Close to Home

Today, as you probably know, there was a campus shooting at NIU, where I spent the last two years. I will not put any numbers or speculations here, but will instead ask you to keep up with the news if you are interested.

It is a very strange feeling, since the shooting happened in the building right next door to where I spent almost all of my time on campus. But I do not pretend that what I am feeling is of any significance compared to the people on campus. I have many friends who were involved in the lock down of campus, and they are in my thoughts. All of my friends appear to be safe right now, though they are understandably shaken. I am also concerned about my former students there.

Please send a vibe/prayer/thought out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home