Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cities come and cities go just like the old empires

The Scissor Sisters concert was tons of fun. They put on a very high energy show full of dancing and romping about. Jake Shears is a crazy and manic performer, and Ana Matronic is full of spice and sass. The background video projection featured a lot of cool psychedelic stuff (when it wasn't featuring boobs, that is), and Jake certainly kept the debauchery factor raunched up to 11. They chatted with the audience a lot, and the best part was when Ana told a story about an angry letter they got from a mother who had brought her small children to a concert. The mother, it seems, was offended by all of the swearing in the show, and Ana said, "What did you expect when you brought your kids to see a band who is named after a lesbian sex position?"
And then Jake said, "To any of you who are offended by our swearing, I say 'Eat our fucks, you sons of bitches!'" Eat our fucks, indeed.
Then they broke into "Filthy/Gorgeous."

Other highlights included "Comfortably Numb," "Laura," "I Can't Decide," and of course "I Don't Feel Like Dancing," which closed the show in excellent style.

I did not get many good pictures since Jake and Ana move around so much, so here are some blurry ones:

And this one is especially blurry, but at least
you can make out the bespangled hotpants:



I also saw 300 yesterday, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Some of the dialogue was a bit weak, but it was a visually stunning film with a very exciting plot. I do not think it is a great film, but it is very entertaining and beautiful. I recommend it for a fun time at the movies.


PS. I am excited by the fact that the title of this post is from a Scissor Sisters song, but it also fits in with 300.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home