Monday, March 19, 2007

Warriors, but in a funner way

I had a great time visiting my friends at Purdue. It was an extravaganza of green. But now it is time to get back to school work.



But not before I say a few words about horror films.
I have seen some pretty scary movies in my life. While I am not really a fan of slasher pics, a few of them are pretty good: Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie. Instead I am a fan of psychological thrillers such as The Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Misery, The Exorcist III (oh, trust me), and Se7en. Until last night, the most genuinely scary movie I have seen in many years is 28 Days Later--the opening scenes with the monkeys truly freaked me out.

But all of these films pale in comparison to the movie I saw last night. The new contender for scariest movie of all time is Jesus Camp. I am not even ready to talk about it; the psychological scars are still too fresh. Just take my word for it: I had such a deep feeling of uneasiness while I was watching this movie that I thought about turning it off a few times.

Forget Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees or Hannibal Lecter--the new face of terror is Becky.

6 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

South Park had a sweet new jesus camp episode this week.

Are you a south park fan, dub?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

This post scares me. And I'm Lutheran. (ELCA).

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Max, I am a SP fan, though I have not watched it for years. (Right now I only have basic cable, since I am a poor college student.)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

And Parker, some people (LCMS, WELS)would claim that you are barely a Lutheran if you are ELCA! That's like the Unitarians of Lutheranism.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

It's very true. Especially the Missouri people.

They scare us too.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Pammy posited...

You thought Jesus Camp was scary... I wish I had some transcripts of my childhood that I could offer you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home