Friday, December 29, 2006

Sadizzle was hangizzled

Well, Saddam Hussein was executed mere moments ago. The most important thing that will come out of this whole affair is that people might just learn from the news reports that the proper word is "hanged," not "hung": Saddam was hanged today.
Killing dictators is important, but not as important as proper word usage.



In other news, I had a nice time with my family in Indianapolis. We did Christmas, and I played with my nephews a lot. My favorite part was learning that my youngest nephew, Matty, who is 2.5 years old, sings along to "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" by Jay-Z. In his little two year old half-speech, half-mumble, Matty sings "H to the izzo, V to the izzay, fo shizzle my nizzle, I used to dribble down in VA."
When Matty sings, it sounds more like "H ta izzo, V ta izzay, shi ma nizzle, a dri VA."



Finally, I am heading up to Minnesota for a week. I'll post something here in the next few days about a get-together. I hope to see lots of people.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

Your nephews sound adorable. Matty and Henry should get together. Henry has been doing his version of Funkytown since Christmas day when his older sister got Dance Dance Revolution for a gift. Henry's 4, but his intrepretation of lyrics isn't very accurate (which makes it all the more hilarious). Have a safe trip to Brainerd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home