Monday, December 25, 2006

A Christmas Retrospective

A Christmas Retrospective

Christmas 1980

My uncle was the football coach for a team called the Pretzels. No joke. We got hats.


It may have been 1980, but I was holding on to disco via my polyester and lapels. I must have lost my medallion.


Christmas 1979


Apparently this year I requested something from the Sopranos Fine Clothiers.


Christmas 1978

This game was called Bombs Away, and I loved it. Also, note the new backpack. I think I pretended it was a parachute.

From the beginning of video games, my family was on the cutting edge. Pong, BreakOut, and this proto-shooting thing. I also asked for (and received) bed-head.


Christmas 1977

This was an important Christmas in our family. Both sides of my family--all the grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles--were all together. Here I am putting an ornament on one of my grandparents' trees.

This paramedic kit was my favorite toy this year.

This is one of my all-time favorite family photos. We had just finished putting the lights on the tree, and my grandpa taught us the trick of squinting at the tree to check for even light coverage. As you can see, however, I was not squinting but closing my eyes tightly, thus negating any benefit.


Christmas 1976

This was the same stocking I had for my entire upbringing.


This is my all-time favorite Christmas present. It's obviously a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal, and I am listening to his music box. "Winnie" became my constant companion. In fact, he is still on my bed today, all these years later. Happy 30th birthday, buddy.


Christmas 1975

Matching Steelers pajamas and awesome hair.

My new bathrobe. Very stylish.

My brother and I posing in front of the tree.


Christmas 1974


Once again, me and the tree. Note the super hi-tech reel-to-reel in the background. I'm sure it was blaring some Jim Croce or something.


Christmas 1973.
My First Christmas, age 10 months.



I may ask my mom to recreate this outfit for me this year.




Merry Christmas to all my friends and family!


2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

I never saw baby pictures of you. You are such a cutie pie!!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Pammy posited...

Mr. W -

#1: You as a child looked quite similar to my younger brother Jackson as a child.

#2: Winnie the Pooh has been sitting on my bed for 17 years now as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home