Saturday, September 09, 2006

Either a prophet or a quack

A couple weeks ago, Donald Rumsfeld compared those of us who question the war to people who ignored the rise of the Nazis. I saw a lot about it on the news, but one broadcast I did not catch at the time was Keith Olbermann's commentary about it on MSNBC.

This commentary is so intelligently done, so well researched, and so appropriately angry, that I thought I'd share it here. It is about 7 minutes long, but I think it is worth your time. (And you can find the transcript here.)

7 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

You should change you Mustache Link to our new URL http://newmustaches.blogspot.com/

ps take Sam's name out of the link

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Never mind, don't change the URL, but do take Sam out.

WV: drypoox

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

"From Iraq to Katrina, to flu vaccine shortages, to the entire "Fog of Fear" which continues to envelope this nation - [Donald Rumsfeld], Mr. Bush, Mr. Cheney, and their cronies, have - inadvertently or intentionally - profited... politically."

Maybe in the short run, but certainly not once the "fog of fear" cleared up a bit.

Other than that, I found it very well-written, persuasive, and well-delivered.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, but this fog of fear is still very much alive in most places in the country.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Mostly thanks to terrorists like sam walker.

This looked interesting, but I'd rather spend my valuable 7 minutes watching the I Shall Avenge My Father trailer 3 more times. Am I right?

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Tay posited...

bravo. incredible. i thought journalism like that was dead. i guess i was wrong.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Jason posited...

Max has a strong point, but I think one can sacrifice seven minutes of trailer time for this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home