Sunday, September 03, 2006

KNOWN ISSUES

I am a little excited and a lot frustrated now.

After reading about all of the great features in the New Blogger, still in beta, I decided to make the switch. Specifically, I was interested in some of the template/layout features, as well as the new "labels" feature, which are sort of like del.icio.us tags.

Unfortunately, I did not read enough of the fine print. Apparently, now that I have made the switch to New Blogger, bloggers who have not also made the switch cannot comment on my blog, unless they comment as "Other."

This does not affect those who do not actually have a Blogger account -- you can still comment under "Other."

So I apologize. I do think it is worth your time to consider switching. It has some cool drag & drop features, in addition to the labels I already mentioned. (Basically it will link all of your blogger features with Google's other features, so you need a Google account.) And you can make the switch to the New Blogger without actually changing your blog at all. But obviously I do not expect anyone to switch just so they can comment on my blog. I hope Blogger/Google resolves this little glitch very soon.

I think the switch will improve my blog, but since it is still in the early stages, there will be some bugs.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

-The Mgmnt.

13 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

So basically, please continue to comment, but you may have to click "Other" and type in your name.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

dang. well. it will improve my proverbial "moral fiber" I'm sure.

Do your posts (and template) transfer over? I'd hate to have to re-make my template if I switched.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, all of your content and your template switch over. The new layout features are optional, and I want to investigate it a little further before I make the switch. Basically you can choose between old "template" style or new "layout" style, which has all the new features. I did a test run on a fake blog, and all of my links and stuff stayed the same. I think the only thing that does not transfer is colors and fonts. But Blogger stores your old template and allows you to switch back if you want. But again, I am going to read more about it before I commit 100% to "layout."

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

Was there some sort of meaning behind the different font used in this post or was that a result of "the switch?"

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

Also, I'd like to say I didn't knowingly make any switches to my account and was able to comment as normal.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Woah,

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger J0hn posited...

It is working for me, John.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Benson posited...

I fear change.

- Semi-Jew

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

The font switch was because my post was more of an "announcement" than a post, so it was my choice.

And Blogger did say that "some old Blogger users" would have trouble posting comments.

But what is true is that I cannot publich comments on old blogs.

Dammit.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I may have spoken too quickly on the whole layout thing. On my test blog, much of my content (links and such) disappeared when I switched to the new layout. So I will just wait and see how the Beta shapes up in the coming days.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Hmm. I wonder if my account will work...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Oooohhh, I see. I can use my gmail account but instead of constant_k it calls me maxwell.

Hmmm.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

well, it works for my Blogger account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home