Tuesday, September 05, 2006

"You M-O-V-E me, L-O-V-E."

Today's release of the outstanding new Basement Jaxx album, Crazy Itch Radio, made me realize that I have not really blogged about new music for a long time.


So here are some songs I really like right now:
  • "Hush Boy" by Basement Jaxx. Groovy, jazzy, funky, weird, clever.
  • "Summersong" by The Decemberists. They're back.
  • "Mr. Tough" by Yo La Tengo - The horns add a special touch.
  • "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake - I love it, and I don't care who knows it.
  • "We're Gonna Boogie" by Primal Scream. The veterans return to their dirty, bluesy roots with this grinding, trashy harmonica-laden extravaganza.
  • "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" by Scissor Sisters. It's early Elton John meets the Bee Gees, and it is four minutes of campy fun. Lighten up, won't you?
  • "Sundress" by Ben Kweller - Poppy, silly, fun.
  • "And I Was a Boy from School" by Hot Chip. This song makes me smile and tap my toes. It's that electronic/indie combo I like so much.

7 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Can I ask you a question? Did you ever by chance travel the state of Minnesota and graffiti the name "C-dub" on things? Because I saw it today on a lighthouse in Duluth, as well as two weeks ago under the Brainerd bridge.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Nope. Not me. I have seen a few of them, but I cannot claim responsibility.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

wait, didn't this exact same set of comments happen on this blog earlier?

Or am I crazy?

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, and yes.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

i remember seeing c-dub under a bridge one time when we were all on a treasure hunt. where? i do not remember

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

I don't really like the new Primal Scream album, at least from what I've heard.. never got into Ben Kweller.. Hot Chip, though, is a good album.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, I don't really like Primal Scream's whole album either, but I do like that song. (I love a couple of their earlier albums though.) And I too have never really gotten into Ben Kweller, but I do like that song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home