Monday, August 28, 2006

Same ol' squirrel

I taught my first college class this morning, and it went very well. My students all seemed pretty interested, and I think it will be a good semester. Of course it is just freshman composition, but I have a very good feeling after the first day.

And tonight I have the first class I am taking this semester, American Literature: 1865-1900. Here is what the course description says:
This course centers around the ethical or cultural conflict, and specifically the embattled conception of the individual, in late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century literature as America is changing (after the Civil War) to a mass-market, consumer, corporate, industrial, urban, mass-media, and immigrant society.
Sounds pretty good, I think.

Most importantly, after apparently taking the entire summer off, Farley showed up today. I think he must have known it was the start of a new school year, so he came to wish me well. He has grown quite a bit, but is just as frisky as he ever was.




And of course, big cheers about The Office winning the Emmy last night.

7 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Wait, didn't farley die?


And please elaborate on the Office emmy victory. Did it win for "best show...ever," or what?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Farley juust went MIA for a time.

Thats the best news I have heard in, about, a week.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, Max. Keep up. If you will recall, I thought Farley had died, but then he came back.

And now, after a summer away, he's back again. This time I did not think he had died, though. I just figured, being the young stud he is, that he was off banging squirrelettes.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yeah, I did not tag that myself, I'm sorry to report.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Nice use of the word "banging," by the way.

and what did teh office win?

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Best Comedy.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Carson posited...

I am glad The Office won, but I was really really dissapointed with both the nominations/winners.

I think House should have won best drama. And I think Six Feet Under should have at least been nominated.

Of course... I think Project Runway should have beat Amazing Race.

While I love Keifer and 24, it wasn't the best dramatic acting performance of the year. That belonged to Hugh Laurie.

Jean Smart and Gregory Itzin from 24 were robbed. As was Steve Carell. I love Shalhoub and Monk, but please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home