Thursday, May 25, 2006

I am womenfolk, hear me roar

Here are some thoughts:

  • In days of yore, during wartime the womenfolk would wait by the window, watching in vain for their loved ones to come up the walk or into shore.
  • On soap operas, characters often die, only to show up again later, after their loved ones have grieved the loss. Much of the time, the "body was never found," but sometimes it turns out that the body was switched with another one.
The point of these musings? These pictures were taken today:


Farley is not dead, and he has returned! I have been watching out the window every day (I guess this makes me the aforementioned womenfolk) but to no avail. Until today!

I do not know where he went. Here are some theories:
  • He was on vacation, taking a break from the daily grind of eating and running in the grass.
  • He is a top-secret operative.
  • He was trying to be more independent and do the whole "foraging" thing. I don't need anyone. I can support myself, he may have thought. But then he realized that in modern society, there is no need to hunt and gather when perfectly good free buffets exist.
But I think what really may have happened is that he was off mourning the death of his friend (and look-alike), and now he has decided to rejoin the world.

But who cares where he was? He's back and eating grapes as though he never left.

7 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger sarahnoel posited...

Huzzah! I was rather sad when I read about "Farley"'s untimely demise.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

He could've always pulled a Lazarus.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

He could have, but he could not have done it on his own. So was Jesus back and visiting DeKalb?

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

Mazel Tov!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

I wouldn't rule it out. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Maybe Farley was off doing whatever squirrels do to produce more squirrels! It is Spring, after all, and even a young squirrel's fancy turns to love.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Jesus' list of places to go when He returns:
1. Jerusalem
2. Brainerd
3. Dekalb
4. the Vatican
5. Moracco

I'll bet if you snared this squirrel and pulled on his little face, his prosthetic mask would come off and he would be revealed as a completely different squirrel. Just give it a try...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home