Thursday, July 27, 2006

So blurred and tired

iPod Magnetic Poetry, poem #3:


Thank you for hearing me
Stumbling through the streets,
My baby, my sweet thing,
June until May.
Now I'm pouring sweetness --
I've had my fun and now it's time.
If you see her again, be sure to say hello.
Too far, too great in my mind.
And then it's got to pay and pay.
If you left her just the way you found her . . .
I can hope, I can pray.
I was wrong. I was wrong
Stepchild, there’s a knife in a drawer in a room downstairs
Whispering dreams so blurred and tired.


Key:
"Thank You for Hearing Me" by Sinead O'Connor
"Wooden Nickels" by Eels
"Where Boys Fear to Tread" by Smashing Pumpkins
"The Big Fight" by Stars
"Sweetness" by Fischerspooner
"Orange Crush" by R.E.M.
"Sky Starts Falling" by Doves
"Jam" by Toad the Wet Sprocket
"Halfway to Crazy" by The Jesus & Mary Chain
"Protection" by Massive Attack
"Blues Away" by Erasure
"The Price" by The Lightning Seeds
"The Father Who Must Be Killed" by Morrissey
"Before Three" by The Cure

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

Wow, that turned out so beautiful, John. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home