Thursday, June 22, 2006

I can't approach myself

I decided it was time for another round of iPod Magnetic Poetry (click for rules):

I fear that I am ordinary, just like everyone --
Thinking they own the place.
I heard what you said and I feel the same.
Outside the rocking machine,
Ooh, the years burn.
I can't approach myself.

To lock the door . . .
She's taken everything I like.
Of distant dark places,
There was a moment
Oh, I really don't know, and I really don't care.
And it always seems we're running out of time.

Hear voices, can't tell near or far--
To be safe up here with you.


Key:
"Muzzle" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Adieu Clo Clo" by The Boo Radleys
"Nothing's Impossible" by Depeche Mode
"Dutch TV" by Saint Etienne
"Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Sleepless" by Soul Coughing
"Where Flowers Fade" by Lightning Seeds
"Fire on Babylon" by Sinead O'Connor
"Set Fire to the Third Bar" by Snow Patrol
"Hand in Glove" by The Smiths
"Out of Control" by The Chemical Brothers
"Blue Pastures" by James
"Hyper-Ballad" by Björk

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

I think you should find a good back-up band and turn 12 of these into an album.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Or I could just be a solo artist with my ukulele.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home