Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Melting the ice for me, jump into the ocean

I am finished with my first year of grad school. Woohoo! It feels pretty good. I am pretty sure my papers turned out well, and I pretty much aced my History of Film test today.

In the very near future, I'll be writing some sort of profound retrospective of the first year of the big change -- not menopause, mind you -- but I am mentally worn out, so nothing profound will be written today.

But in the meantime, I will ask my iPod for some words of wisdom about the year. (à la iPod Magic 8-Ball).


Was going back to grad school a good decision for me?
"Always" by Erasure. That seems reassuring. But maybe that means I will always be in grad school?

What was the most meaningful aspect of my school year?
"The Sound of Settling" by Death Cab for Cutie. I guess that means if I had not left, I would have been settling. Or does it mean that I am getting settled in here?

What have I missed most about teaching in Brainerd?
"Set Yourself on Fire" by Stars. Yes, I do look back wistfully on those evenings of self-immolation.

5 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Good Job. A+

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Hillstorm posited...

Pssst... He usually says Good work not job.

It's a pretty big difference.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

"There's a difference . . . There's a difference . . . There's a difference."


I'll never turn down the opportunity to quote Heather Mooney, just so you know.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Fond memories of pre-AP:

What the deuce? Wangthedogner has come aflame again! I say, manservant, do douse him, won't you?

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Those were the days . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home