Thursday, May 04, 2006

Complacencies of the peignoir

I had my last official class session of the year yesterday. I am not finished by any means, since next week is finals week.

Here is what I have to do:
  • My take-home final for my American lit class. For this, I have to write an essay about Wallace Stevens as both a "poet of the imagination" and a "poet of philosophy." This will be good, since I love Wallace Stevens. The other question involves the "crisis of identity" of either John Grimes in James Baldwin's Go Tell it on the Mountain or Tommy Wilhelm in Saul Bellow's Seize the Day. I have not yet decided which one I will pick.
Wallace Stevens, poet extraordinaire
  • My take-home final for my Cinema and the City class. Drawing on urban theory and criticism, as well as the city-based films we have studied this semester, I must come up with a definition of "the city." It is one of those esoteric essays in which I talk about my own personal opinion, but use the texts to support it. I think it will be fun.
  • My research paper for my History of Film class. I am writing "The Making of Jaws and the Creation of the Summer Blockbuster."
  • My History of Film exam (in-class, next Wednesday), which will be easy.

None of this is of any interest to my readers, I realize. But I post it as a way of saying that I may be a bit more sporadic in my blogging for the next week. Try not to riot.

6 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

RIOT

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

Quiet Riot.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger hannah posited...

on a sidenote, i fucking love summer blockbusters. i wish they would have held onto king kong until the summer.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 HOLY SHIT MAN.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

Whine, whine, whine! I wish all I had to do was write some papers and take some test. *sigh*

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I know, right? My life is SO hard.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

I personally think Wallace Stevens would look good with a mustache.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home