Thursday, November 03, 2005

Y'all ain't ready

UPDATE: Hear the snippet here!

Great Music News
NEW YORK - The dawn of Kevin Federline's hip-hop career has begun, though it remains to be seen if it will last past breakfast. A track by Federline was posted on the Internet by Disco D, the producer of his upcoming album, "The Truth," to be released next year.


While the song has since been taken off Disco D's Web site, it has popped up elsewhere, giving a glimpse of Mr. Spears rhyming abilities:

"Back then, they called me K-Fed
But you can call me Daddy instead"

Over an industrial beat reminiscent of Kelis' "Milkshake," Federline represents himself as a brash, newsworthy figure ahead of his time.

People always asking me when's the release date
Well, baby you can wait and see
until then all these Pavarottis followin' me

he raps, nicknaming paparazzi after the Italian opera singer.

Already garnering comparisons to Vanilla Ice, Federline's album appears destined for late-night punch lines. But the 27-year-old does anticipate some backlash from his musical pursuits:

My prediction is that y'all gonna hate
on the style we create,
straight 2008.


Pure poetry, I tell you. I believe that last set of rhymes is adapted from a John Donne sonnet.

8 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

you must be kidding, wanninger. this isn't real. it wouldn't REALLY happen, would it? brit brit wouldn't let her family suffer such embarassment.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

i think hilary clinton is going to adapt that last one as her campaign slogan.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Maya, Britney doesn't really strike me as someone who is trying to go through life embarrassment-free.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I think that from the ample amount of pictures we have been shown over the last months that Britney Spears is basically the definition of white trash.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

regarding my TA Dub, what can I say.

He's a math major.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger CM posited...

Britney spears was the one that openly smoked and drank when she was pregnant. Its a miracle the child SURVIVED.
and federline is just shit so that settles it.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

awful. just awful. not even funny enough to listen to the whole clip - it made my brain hurt and my teeth itch and my blood curdle.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

He can't be any worse than Snow. "12 Inches of Snow?" C'mon, that's as bad as it gets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home