Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Now I got a spicy rock

I discovered a fun website today called Overheard in New York. It is similar to that other website, Found Magazine, but at Overheard, people submit little conversations that they have overheard, usually on the trains or on the sidewalks of New York.

These little snippets are highly entertaining, and here I will offer up a few tidbits:


from the 1 Train:
Dumb teen: Hey, look at this! It says "Train for jobs in beeyotch."

Smarter teen: Fool! That word is biotech. Why you gotta be ignorant all your life?


from Avenue A in Odessa:

Gay teen: I told her that while she's over there she has to find me a German boyfriend.
Girl: Why?
Gay teen: So he can dress up like a Nazi and we can play concentration camp fetish games.
Girl: Oh, right.


from the 6 Train (Emeril fans):

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!
Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!


from the 6 Train:

Announcement: Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay. We should be moving momentarily...Please be patient.
Guy #1: They always fucking say that! We should be compensated for our time.
Guy #2: Yeah. They should have a coin dispenser that gives back quarters.
Guy #1: Fuck that. That robot voice should give us robot sex.

7 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

Concentration camp fetish games? Kinky.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger hannah posited...

one time at the fryn' pan in dilworth, i overheard the guy in the next seat go...

"they call it cake and ice cream but it's got sprinkles? that's retarded."

it was the best thing i had ever overheard. ever.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

this is one of my favorite sites! I wasn't sure if it was because of my previous NYC resident status, or if it was really funny (now I know).

I also like overheardintheoffice.com
but you can only see that during the day. It makes me glad I don't work with stupid people, I just have to talk to them on the phone.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I think the whole Emeril thing is perfectly reasonable.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

it also sounds like shit i'd say to my friends. except maybe the biotch one... haha i love it. doesn't get any better than robot sex! am i right?

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

I like how casually the girl responds "Oh, right" to the gay teens plans of "concentration camp fetish games."

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

I mean, that's the only reason a German would come over here anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home