Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lions at the gate

I spent the weekend whooping it up in Chicago with my cousin Christie. We went to all my old favorite hangouts, and had dinner with my dad and his wife at my favorite restaurant, Thai Classic.

Christie and I went to the Adler Planetarium and saw this, which was very cool and Moby-tastic.

Anyway, here are just a few pics from my new camera.


This is the building where my dad's new condo is, seen towering above the "Bean," a sculpture in Millennium Park:


And this is the night view of Chicago from my dad's 48th floor balcony:


Here is one of the emcees at the costume contest at Berlin, one of the best dance clubs in Chicago. I quite fancy the wig:


And this is a sampling of the dance crowd at Berlin:


Chicago, of course, has White Sox fever. I have not been afflicted, as I am a lifelong Cubs fan, but the lions outside the Art Institute seem to have caught it:


I love Chicago.


Addendum: Grey's Anatomy tonight was completely heartbreaking -- a devastating and brilliant episode.

7 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

note to self: acquire 48th floor condo overlooking millennium park.

also: turn 21 asap; go clubbing in chicago.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

pfff, i prefer the studio apt in east la that I will be affording.

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I love chicago, I live millenium park....ahhh. ยด

And that wig rocks.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I've honestly never been to Chicago.

You know just thinking that amazes me...it's the "midwestern" city. I've been to 44 states and 7 countries other than this one, and yet never been to chicago.

Odd.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

The Windy City is pretty damn big. Second biggest city I've ever been to.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger hannah posited...

grey's anatomy never ceases to amaze me. i love it. love love love it. clearly, one of the best shows on television. the scene where shepard had to tell the woman she was about to die? it killed me.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

C'mon, now. Kansas City is obviously the "Midwestern City."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home