Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Test results . . .

I did not do as well on my History of Film exam as I thought I did. I thought I would get 98/100 correct, but I only got 97/100.

Damn.

Don't worry, though. I'll bounce back.

Today in my other film class, we discussed Alien from a psychoanalytical approach. It was quite a penis-filled conversation. Oh, Freud and his phallus.

But if you have not seen the original Alien, then I highly recommend it. Very scary, very tense.

---------

Elsewhere . . .

5 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

Plausible. Fo' sho'.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Did Louisana vote for Bush? I don't honestly remember, and I'm too lazy to look it up. But I thought they didn't. Who knows.

Nice score anyway on the test. It was roughly 2x what my physics quiz score was. Rough quiz. Good thing it was curved.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Oh yes, Parker. Louisiana went Bush, 57% to 42%.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

How did a talk about Alien lead to talks about penises? Is Sigourney Weaver carrying a big secret?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Watch the movie - it will make sense. It is all very phallic, with Freudian images of castration, oral rape, etc. Yeah, that and the fact that the alien that bursts out of John Hurt's chest is shaped like a big penis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home